Monday, April 29, 2013

Rain, RAIN - GO AWAY!

Taylor and I were NOT deterred by the rain, we went out and found a spot on the Green that was dry enough to shelter us from the slight southerly breeze, that was the Century Club. From there, we had a great view across the western Green of Nos. 10 & 8. The day was dreadfully dark and dank, watercolors could not dry to do any glazing, so, only one layer across my 8x10 officially stamped canvas for the Old Dover Days Plein Air competition. I am just now looking at this canvas, 3-1/2 hours later and it is still too damp to work on.

We'll start tomorrow morning EARLY. The sad thing is, that I have every intention of getting a good portrait of the Old Superior Court going, too. I have the sketch done, just need to transfer it to the canvas and start painting. That's really the one I want to enter. It is going to be BOLD. This one of the Nos. 10 & 8 will just be in my The Green collection for next year's show.

I look so beautiful in Kelly's cap, too, 100 Years of Fenway, it was my Christmas present to him. He'd say I was cute.

jancolors-pleinair-centuryclub-2013

Here's Taylor painting!
taylot-pleinair-centuryclub-2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

New work up on Red Bubble.